DADOS DE BASALTO

23 abril 2009

The Sonnets of William Shakespeare

Leo en el blog de Álvaro Valverde el Soneto 90. Entonces me acuerdo de mi viaje de novios y del libro, lujosamente editado por The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, que nos autorregalamos, y me paso un montón de tiempo recordando el día que lo compramos y leyendo, con la dificultad que supone el inglés antiguo, algunos de los sonetos, y no puedo resisitir la tentación de reproducir aquí el maravilloso soneto 90 en su idioma original y programar su publicación precisamente hoy.
Then hate me when thou wilt, if ever, now,
Now while the world is bent my deeds to crosse,
Joyne with the spight of fortune, make me bow,
And doe not drop in for an after losse:
Ah doe not, when my heart hath scapte this sorrow,
Come in the rereward of a conquerd woe,
Give not a windy night a rainie morrow,
To linger out a purposd over-throw.
If thou wilt leave me, do not leave me last,
When other pettie griefes have done their spight,
But in the onset come, so stall I taste
At first the very worst of fortunes might.
And other straines of woe, which now seeme woe,
Compar'd with losse of thee, will not seeme so.

No hay comentarios: